If you suffer from acne, we have good news and great news. The good news is that the cycle of acne can almost always be broken with proper care and a quality regimen. The great news is that Kuflik Dermatology has assembled an acne care kit that can make this happen for you.
What is the acne cycle?
Simply put, acne can be seen as a cycle of things that happen in your skin and acne treatment focuses on breaking this cycle.
- Acne-prone skin often secretes excess oil or “sebum” that combines with old skin cells that naturally flake off of the top layer of your skin.
- The oil and skin cells can clog your pores, creating a “plug”. This is the start of a pimple.
- With the opening of the pore plugged up, the P. acnes bacteria found in our skin can have quite a feast! These bacteria multiply and your immune system is called into action, resulting in inflammation
- Inflammation in your pores and deep in your skin can cause damage, resulting in pain, redness or even scarring
How we break the acne cycle
Acne treatment is customized to your personal situation, and it’s advised that you see a medical expert to create a plan that works for you. In general, there are a number of ways to “break” this acne cycle. These include:
- Control the excess oil produced by the skin
- Clear up the dead skin cells from the outer layer of your skin
- Dissolve the “plug” that causes pimples to form
- Fight the bacteria that make acne worse
- Calm the inflammation in your skin
You CAN Break the Acne Cycle
AcneWORX is a spot-treatment medication that contains 2% salicylic acid. It works by dissolving the “plug” that helps pimples form and it also has anti-inflammation properties. AcneWORX has a unique formula that is rich in lipids that support your natural skin barrier. Other products often contain harsh alcohols than can cause irritation, but AcneWORX is water-based and more gentle on your skin.
AcneWORX was shown to decrease all pimples by 48% and newer (non-inflamed) pimples by 72%.
Have acne? Call today to schedule an acne check-up and get your customized plan!
You shouldn’t have to live with the negative effects of acne. Call Kuflik Dermatology today and schedule an appointment for an acne check-up and evaluation so we can customize a plan that works for you.
Call (732) 341 – 0515 x 150